3/20/14

Warming Up on a Budget: Under $40 (cont.)


1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 9 // 10


Welcome back to "Warming up on a Budget."  My intention was to feature pieces for $60 or less today, but I found so many $40 or less deals I decided to do a "round 2" so to speak.  Hope you enjoy...

1. D'Orsay Flats.  These flats are amazing.  I picked them up at Target last week, and I've worn them everyday since.  I love the tan and black, and I get compliments whenever I wear them.  There is also a great snakeskin pair that I'm thinking of snagging today.  (You might want to try a half-size down.)

2. Stripes + Florals.  This is the perfect piece for Spring as it effortlessly mixes two big trends.  Love the shape.  Love the pattern.  Love the price.  (Also in solid colors AND a matching pair of shorts.)

3. Shift Dress.  A shift dress is the perfect piece in almost any wardrobe.  It was be worn casually with flats, or dressed up with heels and jewelry.  This bright kelly green color is an easy choice.

4. Scallop Dress.  Reminiscent of a certain dress from last Spring, this one is a ponte knit (read: no wrinkles) at a fraction of the price of it's inspiration.  Scallops are back again this year, so if you're uncertain about an investment, grab this dress and try it out.  

5. Patterned Shorts.  I love a cute pair of patterned shorts for Spring.  Pair them with a crisp white top and sandals.  Or dress them up with a wedge.  Or just wear them everywhere and watch people swoon with envy over your effortless style.

6. Tortoise Cuff.  It's a classic that you'll wear for years.  Get a few of this skinny style and stack them.  Seriously.

7. Hat.  Everyone needs a good hat for the pool or beach.  Rather than pulling out your significant other's baseball hat, invest in a cute, stylish hat like this.  A big floppy hat is the preference of some, but I prefer this sleeker more compact option.  As a bonus, you can wear this style when your hair isn't behaving, while the big floppy hat tends to look comical off the sand or pool deck.

8. Colorblock clutch.  I'm still having an affair with blue and white, and I love this clutch.  It's the perfect way to lighten up an outfit for Spring.

9. Silk T.  Every wardrobe needs a few of these.  Thanks to J. Crew Factory you can score them in lots of colors and even a few patterns.  I promise you will wear these constantly.

10. Pointed Flats.  I love these adorable flats - pointy toed AND stripes?!  Perfect.  Wear them with ankle pants, jeans, shorts, whatever.  They are the perfect way to finish off a preppy yet cool look.

xo,











No comments:

Post a Comment