7/23/14

Mid Week Muse: How to Wear a Statement Piece to Work

Necklace // Dress // Bag (on sale!) // Shoes (on sale!)

Happy Mid Week Muse!  I told you last Friday that I can't get this necklace out of my head, so here it is again.  This time it's paired with a few other things I can't seem to get off my mind or out of my shopping cart (hello, perfect work bag!)  Since these two pieces don't initially lend themselves to being part of the same outfit, I thought today would be a perfect day for a "how to" wear something like this statement necklace in a more conservative work like setting.  

The formula is easy enough.  Start with your statement.  Pick a tailored dress in a complimentary color.  (You could easily add a blazer to this dress if your work dictates more formality.)  Finish the look classic pieces in neutral nude or black (these pumps and this structured bag.)  By keeping the rest of the look classic and simple, the statement piece pops, and you stay office appropriate.   

Now, I'm excited to introduce you to Team Muse's Favorite Muse from last week - Cynthia from My Rose Colored Shades.  Cynthia's take on the ever chic black and white palette is perfect.  We love her flirty skirt and gorgeous clutch, and her moto jacket add just the right amount of edge.  Thanks for showing us that black and white is anything but basic, Cynthia!


What's your "muse" this week?  Share your muse by linking up or commenting below.
While you're sharing, be sure to visit some of the other blogs and say hello!
Don't forget - Morgan and I will choose our favorite "muse" from the current week to feature on both of our blogs.  The "winner" will be notified the Tuesday evening before the post goes live on Wednesday.  Get sharing - we can't wait to see your muses!  While you're sharing, be sure to visit some of the other blogs and say hello as well.

How it works:
Grab the button below and link back to BOTH of the hosting blogs:
Link up starts on Wednesday at 6am EST

*It would also be super nice of you to visit the blog that entered the link up before you and leave a comment.  We're into creating a community here!*

Promotion:
Please help us promote our new link-up!

Use #MidWeekMuse and be sure to tag us on IG:

Share your post on Facebook and give us a shout out:

Follow us on BlogLovin:

Ann Elliott
xo,

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a gorgeous necklace! I'm not surprised that you can't stop thinking about it. Thanks for hosting the link up!
    xo, Whitney and Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that teal shift dress and I can see how the statement necklace would completely elevate the look. Thanks for hosting and thanks for featuring me! ~Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. That whole look is perfect and so you! I can def see you rocking all of that, especially with your amazing hair cute! Woo Woo!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful set. I'd wear this to work any day!

    Lauren xo
    Sophisticated In Style

    ReplyDelete