1/22/13

pear and pancetta crostini

Good Morning!  We are waking up to temperatures in the teens and this Florida girl is feeling VERY thankful for her warm house this morning.  Maybe one day I will get used to colder temps, but in the meantime I am already trying to figure out how many layers of clothing I can fit under my puffer jacket!

I made this recipe over Christmas and only just realized that I never shared it with you!  I love making warm appetizers and this is the perfect thing when you want something that presents beautifully but doesn't leave you slaving away in the kitchen for hours.  It really only takes about 15 minutes of hands on time.  Give it a try and let me know what you think.




Pear and Pancetta Crostini
Sheri Castle, Southern Living

Ingredients:

  • 12 thin slices of pancetta
  • 1 Bartlett pear (you could use another type of pear, but make sure it is FIRM)
  • 4 oz. goat cheese
  • Fresh cracked pepper
  • Honey
  • Fresh thyme sprigs for garnish
Directions:
  1. Pre-heat oven to 450.  Arrange pancetta slices in a single layer on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet.  (A jelly roll pan really works best here- the pancetta greases may run off the sides of a standard cookie sheet.)
  2. Bake pancetta for 8-10 minutes until golden.  Transfer pancetta crisps to a paper towel lined rack with a spatula and let sit 10 minutes to become crisp.
  3. Core pear with an apple corer.  Cut pear crosswise into 12 thin rings and arrange on a serving platter. (I would recommend even thinner than the picture above shows.)
  4. Top each pear slice evenly with a pancetta crisp and goat cheese; sprinkle with pepper.  Drizzle honey over each just before serving and garnish with thyme if desired.

ENJOY!

xo,
PS: Please consider "following" my blog by clicking the "join this site" button on the right hand sidebar.  Thanks!


1 comment: