10/30/12

cobb salad

I always feel like I eat nonstop on the weekends- dinners with friends, tailgating, birthday brunches, etc., so I try and make  lighter meals during the week.  One of my favorites is a big cobb salad with warm, crusty bread.  I have to give credit to SHS for starting the tradition of having this salad, waaaaay back when we were in Charlotte.  Every time I make it Josh and I smile about all of those dinners we had together!

The beauty of making a big salad is that you can change the ingredients to your taste.  The recipe below is what we usually use, but many people like to include cherry tomatoes, bacon, or other veggies.  Mix it up and enjoy!

xo,

Cobb Salad
Ingredients:
Spinach (or any other type of leafy green you like)
Hard boiled egg, chopped
Feta Cheese
Red Bell Peppers, chopped
Avocado, sliced
Rotisserie Chicken, pulled or chopped

Directions: Mix salad ingredients (spinach through avocado) together in a large bowl with dressing.  Top with rotisserie chicken.

Dressing (I like to make my own dressing and I do it by taste- measurements below are estimated...)
Ingredients:
1 Tbs. Dijon Mustard
1 tsp. Olive Oil
1 tsp. Vinegar
Pinch of Salt
Pinch of Pepper

Directions: whisk ingredients together in small bowl.  Pour over salad to coat.  Serve immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment