3/21/13

sugar and beauty?

Hello!  We are waking up to possible flurries (albeit, very small flurries) today and I can't help but think WHAT?!?!  It's spring, it's March, and I am ready for flip flops.  C'est la vie.

I will never claim to be a beauty expert, but I have been thinking lots about skin care lately.  I think I come by it honestly though having fair skin, freckles, and growing up in Florida.  I know lots of friends who are raving about Rodan + Fields products, I have tried Obagi, and lots of people swear by nothing more than a bar of dove soap.

image
While I certainly can't claim to have a magic formula, I did hear something on the radio last night that I want to put into practice- cutting back on sugar.  The report I heard said that eating excess sugar can lead to more rapid aging and wrinkles.  Apparently, if you can limit yourself to one sugary treat each day, you can reverse the effects of excess sugar in as little as two months.  While I can't back this claim up with real research or personal experience, I think it is an interesting proposition for overall health that has an added skin bonus! What more could I ask for?!

image
I will say I am also intrigued by Caudalie lotions.  I got a tiny sample of some of their anti aging line premier cru and my skin has never felt so smooth and hydrated.  While I am tempted by it, the price tag is steep and not something I can bring myself to do quite yet.  For now I am loving every little bit of my sample size and dreaming of the day I when I might make a salary...

image

Do you all have any great skin care tips?  I am most interested in anti-aging products, but I would love to hear how any tips about how you all stay looking gorgeous!

xo,


5 comments:

  1. I've heard the "sugar" theory about wrinkles also. Have not heard you can reverse it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skin Moisture Benefits Using Anti Aging Skin Oinment

    1. Clarifies & Brightens skin tone, smoothes skin's texture and increases skin moisture content
    2. Hypo-allergenic and non-comedogenic
    3. Ideal for all skin types
    4. Turns rough, red, dry and blotchy skin into soft, smooth and evenly toned skin. Anti Aging

    ReplyDelete
  4. The antioxidants in colorful vegetables and fruits, such as leafy greens, deep red tomatoes, blueberries, and carrots, help stop unstable molecules from damaging healthy cells. You cannot feel it when some cells are damaged or dying, but you can see it in the signs of aging, such as wrinkles. So at each meal, fill about half your plate with fruits and vegetables. Your goal is five to nine servings a day. Anti Aging

    ReplyDelete
  5. Genes determine the conditions that you are vulnerable to and your lifestyle adds to subtracts from your life expectancy. In other words, you can fight aging, chronic conditions and bad genes by leading a healthy lifestyle, and vice versa.

    ReplyDelete