5/15/14

Three Things for Thursday

Happy Thursday.  We are within sight of those precious two days we call a weekend, and I couldn't be more excited.  

Today I'm sharing a few random thoughts/things you might not know about me.  I've been paying close attention, and I'm finding that you all respond best to posts that are more about "real life."  For instance, posts that feature weekend updates, posts that give little peaks into day to day life, and sometimes posts about one-piece bathing suits and Target finds.  (How much more "real life" can we get?!?)  So, I thought I'd make a concerted effort to share a little more about myself here on the blog.  That being said, as much as I love sharing snippets here on Ann Elliott, they are just that - snippets.  Some parts might be happy, others silly, and still some sad, but they are little pieces that make up the bigger picture.  Despite what the snippets I do share might reflect, I think it's important to note that my life is just like anyone else's.  It is simultaneously wonderful, messy, stressful, and full of blessings...
and I wouldn't trade it for anything.  

So without further ado, three things for Thursday:

:: I'm Gluten Free :: 

Muffin from Sweet Theory Bakery
I gave up gluten in January of this year, and it was tough.  I often joke that I could live on good bread and butter alone (and the occasional chocolate croissant), and as they say there is a grain of truth in every joke.  All jokes aside, while I do miss bread, pastries and cakes, I've found some incredible gluten free recipes and flour substitutes.  (Like this, and this.)  Even better than my own substitutes though, is Sweet Theory bakery.  They make the most delicious gluten free (and peanut free) items - muffins, crumb cake, brownie bites - you name it they have it... and it's good.  Locals - they are in Riverside on King Street and worth checking out whether you are gluten free or not!  

:: I Love Doing Laundry::

If only... image via
I know this is a strange fact, but it's true.  I actually wrote a law school application essay that highlighted my love for doing laundry.  (It was a short 250 word writing sample - I promise my other essays had more weight behind them.)  Laundry is therapeutic for me.  You take a jumble of clothes, sort them for washing, then fold them into neat and organized stacks as they emerge from the dryer.  Few other things in life provide this much immediate organizational gratification, and I really love the way clean laundry smells.... 

:: This Is One Of My Biggest Fears ::

via
I've shared with you all before that I'm a "try and do everything" type of person.  That being said, I constantly have three to five things I would love to be working on or pursuing or learning.  Unfortunately, there aren't enough hours in the day to pursue them all, so I try to focus on one or two things to the exclusion of the others.  My worry is that I won't ever get to the others.  It's so easy to put things off only to wake up and find a month, a year, or five years has passed.  I certainly don't want to look back on my life and wonder why I never found the time to take a photography class, learn french, start my own business, etc.  

What do you think?  Do you like "Three Things" on Thursdays?  Is there another type of post you would like to see more of?

xo,


4 comments:

  1. Hi Love...this was really neat! I knew the gluten thing, but found the second two really interesting. It really does give "us" a better picture of you. BTW...anytime you want to come do my laundry you are more than welcome. I HATE folding clothes ;-). XOXO - thanks for opening up dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm can you come do laundry for me then?? I think doing laundry might be my least favorite chore. I hate it. Do you feel like being gluten free has helped you? Was there a reason you chose to do it? I have a few friends who are gluten free but they're totally just doing it to try and lose weight and as far as I know have no gluten problems so I'm always interested to know why people do it or what their symptoms were.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even I didn't know you loved laundry! Haha.... a piece of experience. Don't worry about not getting around to doing what you think you want to do. If you TRULY want to do it, it will happen. I love to ponder the saying, "You can have ANYTHING you want in life but you can't have EVERYTHING." All this means to me is that there are things that I think I want to accomplish or try but if I REALLY wanted to, I would. You have awesome priorities and that's not going to change. xoxo

    ReplyDelete