1/30/14

Seeing Spots

via

I stopped in my tracks when I saw this picture.  The wallpaper seems busy and unpredictable at first blush, yet on closer examination, the pattern is perfect and somewhat soothing.  I'm not sure how to explain it, but apparently I have finally been bitten by the dalmatian trend.  Maybe it's the combination of perfect vignettes on the beautiful gold shelving, or maybe it's just something different for my tired eyes.  Either way, I can't get this image out of my mind.  

via

Just in case dalmatian wallpaper isn't your thing (don't worry- I can't pull it off either), you can always add a few spots in other ways throughout your house.  I can see these throw pillows working perfectly into almost any room.  
If you want to be bold, pair them with bright kelly green or magenta pieces. 


via
Another quick and inexpensive way to try dalmatian is with an IKEA hack.  This "Harry Chair" costs less than $50, but looks much more refined and expensive with nothing more than the help of a black sharpie.  
I think this project could be done in less than an hour...worth a try in my book.  

Do you have any favorite ways to incorporate trends into your decor?  Do you go big and bold or more subtle?

xo,




3 comments: