5/17/13

friday finds: white jeans

Hello again!  We have officially moved to Florida, and we are loving getting caught up with family and friends here.  It has been a crazy time of transition (with more to come as we await our move into our own house in a few weeks) but we are doing well.

One of my favorite things about living in Florida (well, maybe favorite is an exaggeration, but something I am very excited about) is that wearing white pants outside of the traditional "Memorial Day to Labor Day" timeframe is completely acceptable.  The climate here allows for breaking the traditional rules, so white jeans are in heavy rotation through most of the spring and summer.  Whether you are in the Florida heat and humidity or you are anxiously awaiting Memorial Day to bust out your white skinnies, here are a few of my favorite pairs of white jeans for your shopping inspiration.  

jcrew toothpick

jcrew matchstick
JCrew makes some of my absolute FAVORITE white jeans.  I usually prefer the matchstick because they are a little less form fitting than the toothpick but they are still fitted enough to look polished.  I also love the cropped look...remember, showing your ankle makes your legs look longer.  I literally live in mine and I am considering getting an extra pair for back up.
marrakesh flare
I love a flared white jean with wedges or open toed sandals for summer nights.  This is my classic and "go to" look for dinners out or times when I want to look pulled together in the summer heat.  Add a cute top and a pop of bright nail polish on your toes and you are set.

james jeans straight leg
Finally, the straight leg jean.  I think this is a classic style that everyone should have in their closet.  I generally keep straight leg cuts longer to wear with heels (a straight leg with flats looks a little frumpy on me) but you could go either way.  This is a jean that will endure as different cuts and trends come and go.  Find a pair you love and be extra careful about ketchup at your memorial day BBQ!

xo,

2 comments:

  1. Very Cute! We are so glad you are here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I literally have all those styles and completely agree with your recs on how to style them! Love the blog and glad to hear y'all are getting settled in FL!

    ReplyDelete