12/17/12

preparations

Good Morning.  I know so many have heavy hearts today while headed back to work, to school, or to Christmas preparations.  The tragedy of Sandy Hook remains fresh and the disbelief and horror all too real.  Take a moment today to hug your loved ones a little closer and try to enjoy the rush of errands, cleaning, and baking as you prepare for those you love.  I know I gained some new perspective over the weekend and I am trying hard not to let the moments of craziness slip in and overcome how thankful I am for those I love.


I had planned to share scenes from our annual luminaria celebration today.  Typically on luminaria, the street are filled with carolers, horse drawn carriages, and kids and adults throwing candy from the back of trailers brightly lit with Christmas lights.  All of this happened this year, but amidst the crowds the beauty and simplicity of this Christmas tradition was not lost.


The idea behind lighting luminaries is to light and prepare the way for the spirit of Christ.  Those lit bags were especially poignant this year and served a reminder that heaven has a host of new angels, lighting the way for so many families.


My thoughts and prayers are with Connecticut this morning and with each of you.  May God grant you peace this morning as you head back to your routine and preparations, remembering to cherish this time and those you love.

xo,
As a reminder, please consider "following" my blog by clicking the "join this site" button on the right. 
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment