6/10/14

Recipe: Raw Kale Salad

I'm not even sure this should qualify as a recipe, but this was new to me so I thought I'd share.  Macerating fruit isn't ground breaking (ie: combining a little sugar with strawberries to bring out the juices), but did you know you can macerate vegetables too?  Substitute lemon juice and a little salt for the sugar, and you're set.  I decided to try it with this kale salad, and it was delicious - the raw (and what I think of as healthy) flavor of kale was perfectly complemented with the zing of a lemon and some salt.  Give it a try next time you're looking for an easy, quick way to serve up some vegetables.


Raw Kale Salad

Ingredients:
  • 1 bunch kale
  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • 1 tsp. salt
Directions:
  1. Wash and dry kale.  Remove kale leaves from stalk.
  2. Combine lemon juice and salt in a serving bowl.  Add kale.
  3. Gently "massage" kale, coating the leaves with the lemon juice mixture.  Massage for 1-2 minutes, then let rest for 15 minutes before serving.
Enjoy!

xo,


No comments:

Post a Comment