2/28/13

a touch of shagreen

Good Morning!  Today I am excited to share one of my newest obsessions with you- shagreen!  I have been trying to figure out where this love for shark/sting ray skin came from, and I think it is the fact that classic pieces can be given a little twist with the addition of shagreen.   I don't know that I (or my wallet) would love this in large doses, but I think small amounts of the material provide the perfect pop to a room or outfit.

c. wonder

Take this plate from another one of my obsessions C. Wonder.  While this shagreen is faux, the classic look of the material combines beautifully with a more modern green color and square shape.  I can just see this plate dressing up a dinner party, as a tray on a side table, or even hanging on a wall for an added pop of color.  I might just have to order one...or twelve! 

etsy
Can we all sigh together over this bracelet?  Here, the shagreen provides the contrast to an otherwise classic bangle shape.  I think this would be the perfect addition to so many outfits and would wear well for years and years.  This little touch of texture doesn't overwhelm the bracelet, but it provides just the right amount of glamour!  Maybe a birthday present to myself?!?

williams sonoma


Finally, a touch of shagreen for your man (or for yourself.)  This box would be perfect atop a dresser or night stand to hold watches, cuff links, or your pearl earrings.  Love the emerald color (color of the year!) and how it makes the texture pop.  Still not sure why Williams Sonoma is carrying this in their regular store v. Williams Sonoma home, but some mysteries shall remain...

What do you think?  Can we get on board with decorating your house (or yourself) with some shagreen this Spring?!

xo,





No comments:

Post a Comment