6/10/13

thought for the week: choose joy

image
...And we are back with internet, our own bed, and a coffee maker - all the things you really need in life right?  Our new house is wonderful and despite a few unexpected repairs/replacements things are great.

I love this thought for the week and it is one I will be repeating often.  I have so much to be thankful for, and I am determined to keep choosing joy.  While we hand wash our dishes waiting for a new dishwasher...I'll choose joy that we had a nutritious (and maybe delicious) home cooked meal.  While I spend hours every day studying...I'll choose joy that I had the chance to attend an amazing law school, and I have the opportunity to become a member of the bar.  When I long for a perfectly decorated and renovated house... I'll choose joy that I have a roof over my head and my favorite pillow at night.  It's so easy to get caught up in the imperfect parts of life (and let's face it- they are there), but at the end of the day life is so much sweeter when we dwell on the good and choose joy.  

What are you joyful about this week?

xo,

PS: Rather than continuing to bore you all with stories of studying over the weekend, I'm going to try giving "thoughts for the week" on Mondays.  I figure you all might appreciate this a little more than me recapping what color highlighter I used to study Civil Procedure.  Let me know what you think!






3 comments:

  1. Love this. Enjoying your blog and hope you and Josh are doing well getting settled in Jax!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Char Mar! We are finally settling in and loving it. Hope you are doing well. Let us know if you ever want a little vacation in Florida- we would love to see you!! xo

      Delete