6/5/14

Three Things for Thursday

Happy Thursday!  I don't know about you, but I think Thursday has a much better ring to it than Wednesday.  
Something about that weekend must be calling my name.

Thoughts for Thursday

Today I'm linking up with Annie and Natalie for their first ever "Thoughts for Thursday" link-up. Both of them have adorable blogs, amazing style, and the cutest little ones. Head on over to their blogs, tell them hello, and consider linking up next week. In the meantime, here are my "Thought for Thursday" in the form of installment no. 2 of "Three Things" about me:

original image via pinterest
:: I am terrified of flying ::
I know it's an irrational fear, but it's one I can't seem to shake.  Ironically, I love to travel, but when I think about booking a flight or being mid-flight, I get anxious...totally, completely, irrationally anxious.  My fear comes from the fact that I am giving up control and I feel claustrophobic.  Unfortunately, like most things in life I've found the best way to deal with the fear is to confront it head on - as in fly as often as possible and take DEEEEEEP breaths.  As someone once put it to me, "You may be the captain of the scared to fly club, but the best way to conquer it is to never let the fear stop you from going...anywhere."  I'm trying to take this advice to heart, but I'd be lying if I said the fear has given me pause before booking just about any trip that involves flying.  We have a few flights coming up, so here's to facing fears head on...or maybe with some medication?!

image via
:: I have a major sweet tooth ::
MAJOR might be an understatement.  I've never met a cake, bread, cookie dough, ice cream, or pastry I didn't like.  About 75% of my motivation to run every day comes from my sweet tooth.  I'm one of those who would much rather exercise daily than diet.  I've always wondered about those types who can do both and still be nice to people.  

print available here

:: I dream about living in Paris ::
  Maybe it's the macarons or gelatto or fresh baguette on every corner (see above), but Paris is the city I can't seem to shake.  I love exploring the different neighborhoods, sitting and people watching at a cafe, or visiting my absolute favorite - La Sainte Chappelle.  It also doesn't hurt that pictures of Paris (the people, the buildings, or the outdoor spaces) are hardly ever bad.  I'm one of those who can choose a vacation based entirely on a picture and the emotion it evokes.  Though I don't know that living in Paris is in the cards, I'm thinking I might need to face my fear of flying for a visit sometime soon.  

xo,

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for linking up!! I HATE flying but I will still do it. I usually take a xanex and have a glass of wine to get me through- it just eases my anxiety and makes me much easier to fly with :) I really don't want to instill this fear into my kids so I'm hoping if I keep flying I will eventually get over it. I also have a major sweet tooth and I am a total exercise over diet person. I always tell people the only reason I exercise is so I can eat whatever I want :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your "Things about me" installments and you're a doll for linking up with us. I have to say that I can't relate to the fear of flying anxiety because I happen to LOVE flying, but I can appreciate your love for sweets because I have a serious sweet tooth and believe in exercise to eat. I adore Paris and took French for 5 years and sad that I haven't used it and most has been lost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a major sweet tooth too! It's so bad! I feel like I need something sweet every night! And living in Paris would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and I are so much alike! Paris is my dream place to visit and I have a horrible sweet tooth. So bad I can't even buy cookies or ice cream or I'll eat it all in days! Not a huge fan of flying but I just keep reminding myself if I'm flying somewhere it must be nice and far away so have a few drinks and forget you're in the air with no control!

    ReplyDelete