6/25/14

Mid Week Muse: Splurge, Steal, Style

splurge // steal // style: top, jeans, shoes, sunglasses, bracelet

This week's Mid Week Muse with Morgan is a touch different.  I thought it would be fun to share an actual "muse" (the splurge), and then show you a similar piece for less (the steal.)  Of course no Mid Week Muse would be complete without a styled outfit, so that's just a bonus.  (This week, the "styled shirt" is the exact same piece, just a different color due to some technical difficulties.)  But onto the good stuff...

You may recognize this "muse" as the often coveted rag and bone tank.  I've been eyeing this tank forever, and I even featured it in this Mid Week Muse post in April.  Last weekend, I stumbled upon this almost identical version of the top for substantially less.  The only difference is that there isn't a slit in the back of this top, but I actually like that more (I'm not much of one for showing off the portion of my stomach where my jeans meet my waist...)  The "steal" version of the top comes in TONS of colors, but if you want to be most true to the "splurge," stick with blue or grey.  I do happen to like the green for a fun styled look as well.  

What's your "muse" this week?  Share your muse by linking up or commenting below.  AND, as an added incentive, Morgan and I will now be choosing our favorite "muse" from the current week to feature on both of our blogs.  The "winner" will be notified the Tuesday evening before the post goes live on Wednesday.  Get sharing - we can't wait to see your muses!  While you're sharing, be sure to visit some of the other blogs and say hello as well.

How it works:
Grab the button below and link back to BOTH of the hosting blogs:
Link up starts on Wednesday at 6am EST

*It would also be super nice of you to visit the blog that entered the link up before you and leave a comment.  We're into creating a community here!*

Promotion:
Please help us promote our new link-up!

Use #MidWeekMuse and be sure to tag us on IG:

Share your post on Facebook and give us a shout out:

Follow us on BlogLovin:



Ann Elliott

xo,

4 comments:

  1. Love that top and the steal is just as cute as the splurge!

    <3 Shannon
    upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking for a similar top! Thanks for the options!

    xo, Erica
    www.casuallystyled.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That top looks so comfy and perfect paired witht he white jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that top and especially the D'Orsay Flats. Thank you for hosting this great link-up Ann. =)

    ReplyDelete