5/7/14

Mid Week Muse: Budget Brights

dress ( gap - sold out)  Similar for less than $100 here and here.  Similar for  less than $30 here and here.)
  shoes // earrings // clutch

Happy Mid Week Muse!  I'm excited to that today's "muse" is for the budget minded shopper with each piece coming in at less than $50.  I think this is the perfect look for a dinner out with friends, a day time wedding or shower, or just a day of looking pulled together and fun.  I think the key to wearing brights without looking over the top or tacky is to wear them in accessories.  Keep the other pieces neutral like these shoes and this solid dress.

Speaking of the dress...I put this collage together yesterday, and when I went to check the links this morning the dress sold out over night!  I apologize for that, but I'm thinking if you check your Gap stores you might find some still in stock.  I've also included two alternative options that are a little more expensive (but still a great deal at under $100) and two alternatives that are even more of a steal than the original at under $30.  

One more speaking of...half of "Team Muse" is celebrating a birthday this week.  It would be extra sweet if you'd link-up and share your "muse" for her birthday.  

How it works:
Grab the button below and link back to both of our blogs:
Link up starts on Wednesday at 6am EST

*It would also be super nice of you to visit the blog that entered the link up before you and leave a comment.  We're into creating a community here!*

Promotion:
Please help us promote our new link-up!

Use #MidWeekMuse and be sure to tag us on IG:

Share your post on Facebook and give us a shout out:

Follow us on BlogLovin:


Ann Elliott


Today I'm also linking up with:
Also linking up with:


12 comments:

  1. LOVE this look! Excited to be a part of the link up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that hot pink clutch! It looks awesome with that blue dress! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pieces! With wedding season just around the corner this would make a great outfit! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this look! I actually have a similar dress from J. Crew Factory (that I'm coincidentally wearing at work right now!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah! Love this- especially those nude sandals! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessi! I think EVERYONE should have a nude sandal (or six) in their closet!! xo

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks! I love a good statement earring - especially in neon colors! xo

      Delete
  7. I’m alllll over the color of that dress paired with those earrings! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bright blue! I'm not surprised that dress sold out, it looks just like the Jcrew dress that's almost $100!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such fun accessories! Thanks for the invite to your linkup :)

    xo,
    http://www.chachathefashiongenius.com/

    ReplyDelete